Fig & Nut Oatmeal Recipe
This easy fitness recipe is the surprisingly delicious result of running extremely low on groceries. I had half a bag of almonds, some rolled oats, some dried dates, and coconut oil.
Because I dread the line at Whole Foods so much, I turned this into a meal. The dates will make this dish very sweet, so sugar is unnecessary. However, you may add some brown sugar if you wish. This is now one of my favorite breakfast recipes! Plus, it’s so easy!
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup dried dates
- Cinnamon & brown sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine almonds and dried dates in a food processor and pulse until pieces are fine.
- Add the almonds and dates to the rolled oats.
- Add the almond milk and coconut oil and mix well. Add a pinch of cinnamon and/or brown sugar if desired.
- Pour mixture into a small casserole pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.